Go Back to Listing
Strategies and Tips
Dojo Training: Civilization Team-Ups!
January 3, 2013
Welcome, acolytes, to Dojo Training. Each week, I, Master Hawkins, will guide you through a new topic to help you train and grow strong in the Way of the Creature.
Over the past weeks, we have looked at how to choose your civilizations while deckbuilding. This week, we’re going to take the next step and talk about what kinds of decks each civilization combination usually creates!
Have two civilizations you like and curious about what kind of deck you should build? Choose one of the options here! Have an idea you like but aren’t sure which two civilizations to choose? Find the idea on this list, and then see which civilizations work best with that idea!
Light + Water =
- A blocker-heavy deck that aims to be defensive and then wins with a big creature, using a lot of spells along the way.
- A deck full of small creatures, with spells that tap creatures or return them to their owner’s hand to ensure your creatures can get through and aren’t destroyed.
Water + Darkness =
- A deck that uses a lot of reactive elements, like blockers and spells that banish your opponent’s creatures, followed up by a big creature to win with!
- A deck full of small creatures, with spells that banish creatures or return them to their owner’s hand to ensure your creatures can get through and aren’t destroyed.
- A deck with several cards that force the opponent to discard cards, then ways for you to draw cards.
Darkness + Fire =
- A deck full of low-level, efficient creatures that aims to attack over and over to defeat the opponent quickly.
- A deck full of cards that banish your opponent’s creatures, trying to remove everything your opponent can play!
Fire + Nature =
- A deck full of several low-level creatures, some of which have a lot power for the cost.
- A deck with some powerful level 4 and 5 creatures, as well as many low-level creatures, so that you can attack early and ferociously, then have some big creatures to follow up your assault.
- A deck with Nature spells that put more cards into your mana zone, Fire and Nature cards that banish opponent’s creatures or put them into their mana zone, and titanic high-level Fire and Nature creatures to play with all of that mana.
Nature + Light =
- A deck with a combination of blockers and strong creatures, defending in the early game until you can play larger creatures.
- A deck with a lot of powerful creatures with levels between 3 and 5, giving you the upper hand in early creature battles.
- Huge creatures and ways to tap your opponent’s creatures so you can banish them.
Light + Darkness =
- A deck with a lot of blockers and Darkness ways to banish your opponent’s creatures that are larger than your blockers, then eventually winning with a large creature.
- A deck with blockers and ways to make your opponent discard cards.
- A deck with low-level Darkness and Light creatures, as well as ways to banish your opponent’s creatures.
Darkness + Nature =
- A deck with Nature cards that put more cards into your mana zone, Darkness spells that banish creatures, and huge Nature and Darkness creatures to play afterward.
- A deck full of Darkness cards that banish your opponent’s creatures, and then some powerful level 5 and 6 creatures to play after you have banished your opponent’s creatures.
Nature + Water =
- A deck full of Water abilities to draw cards and Nature spells that put more cards into your mana zone, then large creatures to play after doing both.
- A deck full of powerful Nature creatures and Water spells that return your opponent’s creatures to their owner’s hand.
Water + Fire =
- A deck with low-level Fire creatures and Water spells to return your opponent’s creatures to their hand and draw you cards, helping you to attack early and defeat your opponent.
- A deck full of Water cards that draw you cards and blockers, Fire cards that banish your opponent’s creatures, then a few large creatures to attack and defeat your opponent.
Fire + Light =
- A deck full of many low-level creatures— including most of the level 1 attackers and creatures with “Fast Attack” —that aims to quickly attack and defeat the opponent.
- A deck full of Light blockers and Fire spells that banish your opponent’s creatures, followed by a few large creatures that can defeat your opponent.
Of course no list can be comprehensive. These are just a few ideas. For this week, practice playing with two civilizations of your choice. And see if you can come up with some more ideas to add to this list! I’ll see you in the dojo next week, as we conclude our lesson about choosing which civilizations to put in your deck.
Don’t have a lot of cards and want to play a deck of a certain civilization? Want to share the power of Kaijudo’s creatures with a friend? Stop by your local store. Ask for a demo, then pick up a sample deck. There’s a different deck for each civilization!